Sweepstakes Rules & Regulations
ACCUTRON SWEEPSTAKES – “2022 - Win an Accutron Accessory”
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Eligibility:The Accutron Watch “Win An Accutron by La Palina Cigar Case and Cutter Set with Assouline book; An Accutron by Esterbrook Rollerball Pen; or an Assouline published book, Accutron: From the Space Age to the Digital Age” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to “Eligible Participants”, defined as legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who, at the time of entry and prize award, are at least eighteen (18) years old. Employees of Citizen Watch Company of America, Inc., dba Accutron (“Sponsor”) or any of its parents, subsidiaries and affiliate companies (“Sweepstakes Entities”) as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor:Citizen Watch Company of America, Inc., dba Accutron 350 Fifth Avenue, 29th Floor, New York, NY 10118.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 23rd, 2022 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on October 29th, 2022 (the "Sweepstakes Period").
4. How to Enter: To enter, you must either:
- Subscribe to The Accutron Show on Apple Podcasts; or
- Subscribe to The Accutron Show on Shopify; or
- Share The Accutron Show; or
- Visit @AccutronWatch on Instagram.
Entrants must submit their email address and agree to these Official Rules in order to enter the Sweepstakes. Entrants must have a valid e-mail address at the time of entry and must complete all required information for entry to be eligible. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, late, or incomplete entries. Limit one (1) entry per person /e-mail address during the entire Sweepstakes Period. Multiple entries per person, including multiple entries by the same entrant using different e-mail addresses, will invalidate ALL entries submitted by that entrant for the entire Sweepstakes Period. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry. Authorized account holder is defined as the person assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Shopify, Facebook, Twitter, Gleam or YouTube and by entering the Sweepstakes, or by accepting any prize you agree to release and hold harmless Instagram, Shopify Facebook, Twitter, Gleam and YouTube, and their respective parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and each or their officers, directors, employees and agents from and against all claims or causes of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes, or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- Winner Selection / Random Drawing: Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. As promptly as practicable after the Sweepstakes Period has ended and after Sponsor has collected the eligible entries, but scheduled to be on or about November 1st, 2022, Sponsor will conduct a random drawing to select one (1) potential Sweepstakes winners from all eligible entries. The potential winner will be notified either by email or by such other means as Sponsor may determine in its sole discretion. Potential winners are subject to verification. Each potential winner will be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within ten (10) days after the date notice or attempted notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release in order to claim his/her prize. Any prize won by an entrant who is eligible but still considered a minor in his/her state of residence will be awarded to a parent or legal guardian of such minor who must sign and return all required documentation outlined herein and otherwise comply with all requirements imposed on winner(s) set forth herein. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, is found to be ineligible, is not in compliance with these Official Rules, fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release within the required time period, declines the prize, refuses to accept the prize as awarded or the prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner will be disqualified and forfeits the prize. The winner may be required to provide Sponsor with a valid social security number or tax identification number before the prize will be awarded for tax reporting purposes. By accepting a prize, each winner consents that the Sweepstakes Entities may use the winner’s name, photograph, likeness, the winner’s hometown and biographical information, statements concerning the Sweepstakes entry, and/or Sponsor’s products without compensation for purposes of advertising, promotion, and merchandising, and grants all rights to edit or modify and to publish and copyright it, unless prohibited by law. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Each potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements.
- Prize/Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): Only three (3) prizes will be awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes, (1) an Accutron by La Palina Cigar Case and Cutter Set with Assouline book (retail value of $375); (2) An Accutron by Esterbrook Rollerball Pen (retail value $250); and (3) an Assouline published book, Accutron: From the Space Age to the Digital Age (retail value $75).
The ARV is subject to change based on, among other things, normal price fluctuations associated with the consumer marketplace. The prize is nontransferable, not redeemable for cash, and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute one or more prizes of equal or greater value for any or all of the possible prizes if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Any difference between stated ARV and actual value of prize will not be awarded. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Limit one (1) prize per person.
- General Rules: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT (or their parent or legal guardian if an eligible minor): AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE SPONSOR AND AGREES (AND AGREES TO CONFIRM IN WRITING IF REQUESTED) TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR THE DOWNLOADING OR ACCESSING OF ENTRY MATERIALS, OR THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION OR USE/MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED HEREIN, ANY SERVICES PROVIDED BY PARTIES OTHER THAN SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PRIZE AWARDED, OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CLAIMS, COSTS, INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES RELATED TO PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, DAMAGE TO, LOSS OR DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY, RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY, DEFAMATION OR PORTRAYAL IN A FALSE LIGHT). Every entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in a federal or state court located in New York County; entrant submits to the sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction of said courts for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or the Sweepstakes Entities in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of New York, the United States, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
- Internet:The use of any automated launching or entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits the participant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited. Any person who uses or attempts to use such means to enter the Sweepstakes will be disqualified from participation in the Sweepstakes and will be ineligible to receive a prize. Additionally, no entrant may register with multiple email addresses nor use any other device or artifice to register multiple times or as multiple entrants. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple email addresses under multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to enter multiple times will be disqualified and forfeits any and all prizes won, in Sponsor's discretion. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is cancelled or terminated prior to the stated end date, Sponsor will randomly select the winners for the Sweepstakes from among all eligible, non-suspect, entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation/termination. Proof of entering information on Sponsor's website is not considered proof of delivery or receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries.
- Winner List:For the name of the winner, send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope to “2022 - Win an Accutron Accessory” Sweepstakes, Accutron, 350 Fifth Avenue, 29th Floor, New York, NY 10118. Winner List requests must be received by November 11th, 2022.